Url2pin is a free tool to help you share your websites on Pinterest.
With url2pin you can share a screenshot of your website and not just a single image.
More than 7 million users are waiting for you on Pinterest, have fun!
More than 7 million users !
Sharing Can Now Be Free!
Our network has been expanding over the past several years to draw more eyes to the offerings on multiple platforms.
We have been in the market for a long time now, offering people avenues to make money by sharing content and websites with potential clients and friends.
Connect with other people across the globe to share your developing ideas through websites and other reference points.
not just a single image.
Exchange pictures and videos with friends, family, and many others by simply pinning these images on the wall.
Get a slice of the latest updates in our services and the whole market by scrolling through the content.
Determine the best time to post your pins: As you already know, a great advantage is that the pins can last forever when optimized properly.
However, if you build a community that is usually connected to Pinterest at certain times, then it will be important to take that into account when choosing when to update your profile.
A key tool to know this type of information is Pinterest Analytics. You can also consult studies and reports that address this issue of days and hours, although you should know that, in general, each study gives different results. This is because the data varies depending on the nature of each business, the audiences and the markets.
According to each category, the best days to post are:
- Monday: fitness.
- Tuesday: gadgets and technology.
- Wednesday: thematic or inspirational phrases.
- Thursday: outfits.
- Friday: gifts.
- Saturday: travel.
- Sunday: food, art and leisure.
Some of the best times to post are:
- Between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m.
- Between 8 pm and 11 pm (or 1 am).
- Between 2 pm and 4 pm.
As we have seen, these data can be a first reference to take into account, but they are very subjective. As time goes by, you need to start to be guided by your own Pinterest Analytics data.
Something that is certain is that we do not recommend publishing during business hours, since at those times the active audience of Pinterest is very small (according to each niche).
- Post on trending topics and use calls to action on your pins: by using CTAs on your images you can increase engagement levels by 80%, while if you post on trending topics, your CTR can increase up to 94%.
To find out about trends on Pinterest, you can use two very powerful tools that Pinterest launched in 2019:
- One of them is Pinterest Trends, which provides you with insights on the most popular search terms in the last twelve months.
- The other is Pinterest 100 , an interactive report on the top 100 search trends in 10 specific subject categories.
You can also check out this official article about Pinterest trends in 2020.
- Enable the pins button: Make sure you have the pins button enabled on your website. In this way, users will be able to save the images from the web to their personal Pinterest account, even when they are offline. This way you will be able to feed back the visits to your page, since surely the user will consult that pin they saved again.
- Add a link in your pin: the generation of traffic to your website is one of the pillars of Pinterest marketing strategies. To do this, you should always link each of the pins to your website or to your products (in the case of ecommerce), and you can do this simply by placing the link on the respective pin.
- Be consistent in your posts: Pinterest rewards consistency (and punishes the lack of it). If you have a company profile and do not keep it active for a certain time, the platform could penalize the positioning of your pins, even if you did everything else well.
- Keep in mind Pinterest Ads: although organic positioning is very effective, investing in promoting your pins can ensure much faster and stronger growth. Remember that, as I said above, advertising on Pinterest is the cheapest of all social networks.
As we’ve seen so far, Pinterest for business has extraordinary qualities on the business side. In fact, investing $ 1 in Pinterest Ads makes an average profit of $ 2, while the gross return can reach $ 4.30.
On the other hand, daily , more than 2 million users pin images of products they plan to buy. Thus, the proven effectiveness of advertising and increasing user demand, make this social network very fertile and promising for businesses seeking scalability, growth and market penetration . Is it your case? So keep reading.
Another advantage of Pinterest for businesses is that, even if a user finds you and visits you once, they will not forget you. The link will continue to exist because you can follow your account or save one or more of your pins to refer to later.
This aspect is important that you take into account because the action of pinning on Pinterest is not the equivalent of giving a like on Facebook or Instagram. In this case, pinning is a much more declarative demonstration that a user is interested in your products and wants to be able to access them in future opportunities.
Therefore, that “simple action” is ultimately an essential step in your conversion funnel. In addition, the useful life of the pins is much longer compared to that of a post in any other social network. For example, the average life of a post on Facebook is 90 minutes, while that of a pin on Pinterest is 3.5 months. In other words, the impact of a pin lasts, on average, 1680 times longer than that of a post on Facebook.
So, if your pins are correctly optimized and if you continue to take care of your Pinterest marketing strategy over time, the effect of your published content could last forever.
One of the advantages of this is that the pins will continue to send traffic to your website permanently and with very little effort. This is due to the fact that the greatest effort is made above all in the beginning, having to invest time and resources in creating visually attractive content that encourages interaction, and then optimizing it.
The advantages of using Pinterest for business are innumerable and depend, to a large extent, on the nature of your business. For example, do you have a physical store? You should know then that more than 60% of pinners consult Pinterest while shopping in a store.
What should you know before starting your Pinterest strategy?
Once you have created your Pinterest business profile, you must consider certain basic aspects before executing your Pinterest marketing strategy. Let’s see some of the most important:
- Segmentation and buyer persona : because it is a very visual social network, the characteristics of pinners are quite particular, which means that their behavioral habits and preferences are very different in relation to when they are users of other platforms.
Therefore, first of all it is essential to know our buyer persona well, only in this way can we understand what drives them to search on Pinterest and thus determine how we could proactively offer solutions to what they are looking for.
Also, beyond focusing on our buyer persona, we must also take into account the characteristics of the segments that make life in this social network. Some data that give us an idea of this are the following:
- 36% of pinners are millennials, 34% are Gen Xers and 18% are Baby Boomers.
- Almost 80% of users are women.
83% of them use Pinterest to plan events and moments of life, 70% to find accessories, watches and jewelry, and 52% to learn about food and drinks.
- When traveling, users are twice as likely to consult Pinterest rather than conventional travel websites.
- Commercial sector: in the same way, due to the very nature of Pinterest, there are commercial sectors in which the presence on this network becomes much more relevant. Such is the case of companies related to the areas of events, clothing, makeup, cooking, decoration, travel or tourism.
In this sense, a recommendation is that you collect data on how the presence of both your sector and your market niche has been in this social network.
On the other hand, as a niche channel, Pinterest is really powerful for brands related to wedding products and services. In fact, 81% of engaged users started planning their wedding on Pinterest even before they got engaged.
- Effective time: in terms of social commerce, buyer behavior is different on Pinterest than on other social networks. Although it is much more effective, it can also be slower. A user can pin a product they want to buy and then decide to make the purchase six months later. For this reason, brands usually run their campaigns related to a season a few months before the arrival of that season.
It is important to have the necessary resources to take care of the online presence in a sustained way over time , because, if this is not the case, maintaining the profiles on the networks without a clear strategy behind it could give an image of abandonment.
Therefore, it is absolutely necessary that you analyze the above points to determine if you really should be on Pinterest or not. It is better to focus your efforts and work on your presence in the networks where you know that you will be able to dedicate time, effort and resources, rather than opening profiles on all platforms just because it is fashionable or because you “have to be there.”
Finally, I want to go deeper with a few tips that you should keep in mind if you want to increase the potential of your marketing tactics on Pinterest:
- Create boards according to your previously established strategy. This will help your profile to have consistency both in content and on a visual level, and will make it easier for users to navigate through your pins according to their own topics of interest.
For example, if you have an e-commerce of decoration elements for the house, you could have a board for each style of interior decoration and put the corresponding images with their related keywords on each board.
So, you could have the following:
- Board name: Nordic style decoration.
- Inside that board, there would be the pins of decoration elements that correspond to that style.
- Each pin would have a description, it could be something like “Nordic style rug, perfect for home and living room with Nordic decoration”.
As for the visual aspect, I recommend creating templates and color palettes. The templates can be cloned and used for the images that you are going to share on Pinterest. The palettes will help you to have an attractive and harmonious page, a must for a social network based on inspiring images.
- Take good care of the images! They are your showcase (if you had a physical store). Therefore, aesthetics is the most determining factor that will make a user decide to click, or not, on your pins. It is through images that you communicate on Pinterest. This is why making sure you stick to what works best and putting as much effort and time as possible into creating images that are no less than perfect is so crucial.
In this regard, remember that the vertical format is the best on Pinterest, and as for the quality requirement, the ideal is 600 x 900 px.
- Optimize pins for better positioning . Yes! You can do SEO on Pinterest! The tags and descriptions of the boards and pins help the platform to better understand your content, in order to recommend it to users who are interested in those same topics.
Therefore, be sure to include within the description the keywords of the pin that you have created and for which you want to position it. Interestingly, descriptions of between 100 and 200 characters gain more popularity and generate more engagement.
To find out which keywords to use on Pinterest, the strategy I recommend is the Pinterest search engine autosuggest itself, since it usually suggests the most searches performed by users.
You somewhat have to think outside the box here and don’t go for very broad keywords. For toys for example, you can think of something like “how to clean battery corrosion in toys”, “how to make homemade fidget toys” or “how to frame a houten puzzel“. These are just some samples, but as you can see answering question like these are easy wins for sure!
- Get the most out of Pinterest Analytics. In this section you will be able to obtain many insights about how your content is working on Pinterest: which pins have worked better, which ones are receiving more impressions and more clicks, what are the demographics of the users who interact with your brand, etc. Thus, you will be able to obtain clues of what type of images, formats and contents about your business tend to like your audience the most.
Therefore, it is important that you learn to use Pinterest Analytics to optimize your digital marketing strategy.
- Integrate the strategies of your different social networks with each other. Those who follow you on Pinterest will probably also follow you on your other social networks, so your overall social media strategy must be consistent with each other, taking into account that each social network has its own nature of content and formats.
Being new to Pinterest, a good technique is to share and promote your Pinterest profile on your Facebook and Instagram company profiles. In this way you generate traffic to your new visual communication channel.
To conclude, all social platforms have, in one way or another, a significant degree of potential depending on each market segment and the nature of each business. It should not always be just Facebook and Instagram, sometimes it may be convenient for you to advertise on YouTube or execute a WhatsApp marketing strategy.
The same goes for Pinterest. Let’s see some examples of real cases that prove it:
- Taking into account, among other insights, that 6.3 million pinners actively interact with content about vehicles within the platform, the Toyota company decided to launch a campaign on this social network, which obtained millions of impressions and managed to increase a 53% your video viewing rate .
- The home decor category is one of the most popular on Pinterest. To take advantage of this situation, a digital marketing company was able to connect with its target audience within the platform through excellent quality photographs of decorative elements in the home, thus achieving 5 times more impressions on its website.
- Another company was able to connect with a wider audience, making Pinterest one of its main communication channels. So by posting images with recipe ideas with stunning visual aesthetics, he was able to get 97 times more impressions and 85 times more recommendation traffic.
Taking these and many other success stories as a reference, I will never tire of repeating that the most important thing in a Pinterest marketing strategy is high-quality images , and I don’t mean only in terms of resolution, but also in terms of aesthetics and content.
As you already know, Pinterest is a platform that stands out for being motivational and inspirational, and inspiration is usually beautiful, neat, attractive and exciting. So your images should be too!
Depending on how you assimilate this maxim, you will be able to capture the attention of the pinners, making them stop scrolling and decide to click on your pins.
So, do you know if this social network is the ideal one for your business? Have you been encouraged to create a company account? Or do you already use Pinterest and have you come up with a new idea to apply?
These and many other competitive advantages that are exclusive to Pinterest have managed to position the platform at the top of the most important in the world.
These are very positive achievements when you consider that social applications are increasingly struggling to gain the attention and retention of users in their environments.
Taking into account all of the above, we can end up defining Pinterest as a platform that offers memorable moments through images, that manages to seduce with its content and that provides a unique visual experience among all the social networks that exist.
It is a community between brands and users that maintains a powerful relationship based on mutual charm , aspirational luxury and the emotion of inspiring and feeling inspired.
If you are a company with products or services whose characteristics can be exploited visually, then you must learn to incorporate Pinterest right now in your digital marketing strategy. Throughout the article, I explain in detail how to do it.
Main features of Pinterest
The main products and functions of Pinterest are:
Home feed: The feed is where users browse the images, topics, and profiles of the people they follow.
Browser button r: This button is available for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari browsers (versions prior to 11). This tool is used to save pins from any web page.
Search: the search bar allows you to search for content by entering keywords on the topic of interest.
Visual Search: Users can activate the visual search option on any image they have found. In doing so, the platform analyzes the image and identifies the elements within it, providing the user with similar product results. For this functionality, Pinterest uses advanced artificial intelligence and computer vision algorithms.
This visual search engine is Pinterest’s greatest value proposition, and its impact has been such that 80% of users start the purchase process with a search of this type.
Pinterest Lens: Pinterest’s camera fulfills two very particular types of visual search functions. One is called Lens your Look. This consists in that a user can take a photo of a product that he already owns, then the platform analyzes the image and thus generates recommendations on styles and ideas of how he can use it or combine it with other elements, whether it is clothing, furniture, etc.
The other is called Shop the Look. Its operation is basically the same, but instead of focusing on finding and recommending styles and ideas for use, this functionality provides results on products similar to the one pictured that are for sale.
For example, if the user is walking down the street and sees another person with a pair of shoes that they like, then they take a photo of those shoes and Pinterest will take care of showing them where they can buy them and what other similar styles are available on the Internet.
Both functions work together and can be used for other very practical purposes. For example , if the user sees a plate of food and wants to know what its recipe is and how it is prepared, he simply takes a photo and the platform will return the desired information as a result.
However, the power of Pinterest Lens goes much further, as it is considered to be one of the most powerful augmented reality (AR) tools that exist today within a social network.
The new function of this AR technology, called Test , allows, for example, that a user can point the camera towards herself and see how a certain lip color or makeup can look on her. Based on your selection, the platform will recommend brands and beauty products according to your preferences.
Pinterest Ads Manager: is the section through which you can control everything related to advertising campaigns.
Here you can find out about the different formats of Pinterest advertisements and here you can check the technical specifications of these formats.
Before you start testing any functionality, the first thing you should do is create a company profile.